WOD BPD Game

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WOD BPD Game

The Thin Blue Line

2 posters

Creation Dot Forgiveness

WoDerator
    WoDerator

Creation Dot Forgiveness Empty Creation Dot Forgiveness

Post  WoDerator Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:27 pm

So, the generous and charitable Mods have decided to implement a new option available to PCs. In order to reward players for making necessary but inefficient purchase choices during character creation to build a real person, satisfy cop requirements, and still allow for those awesome powers, we're instituting a procedure we're calling "Creation Dot Forgiveness."

It works like this: say you spread your creation dots in a given category in a balanced way, not maximizing how the dots could be used. And now you want to raise one of those traits with XP. Instead of purchasing the new dot at full cost, you effectively move the creation point and pay for it's former place with much less XP.

Example 1: John chose mental as his Primary attribute category. He spread his creation points thusly: 1/2/2, for Intelligence 2, Wits 3, and Resolve 3. He now wishes to increase his Resolve to 4. Using CDF, he pays 10 XP to "keep" Intelligence 2, while moving the creation point to Resolve 4 (instead of the normal 20 xp).

Example 2: Sarah chose social as her secondary skill category. She spread her creation points thusly: 3/2/2, for Empathy 3, Persuasion 2, and Subterfuge 2. She wants to raise her Empathy to 4 and her Persuasion to 3. To do this, she only need to pay the 9 xp to "keep" Subterfuge 2 and move the creation points to Empathy 4 and Persuasion 3 (instead of the normal 21 xp).

This system can also be applied to merits (though not to merit dots that could be spent on Supernatural Advantage) and powers, though hose are usually efficiently spent in the first place. Now, you might be asking, what's the catch?

Rules:
    1) To do this, you MUST have a fully updated google docs sheet, preferably with an XP log tab. Privately kept excel sheets are ok, but they must be emailed to a Moderator.
    2) All purchases using the CDF program MUST be approved by Woderator (me). This is not a situation where the XP spend can be waived over, as it can lead to faulty math. As the XP Accountant, I just need to make sure it works out :-) Send your proposal and Google doc link to woderator.awesome@gmail.com
    John Samuels
    John Samuels

Creation Dot Forgiveness Empty Re: Creation Dot Forgiveness

Post  John Samuels Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Fancy and all (you pick John by accident in that first one?), but while I've been linked to the google doc, it's read only for me. I haven't been able to touch it.
    WoDerator
    WoDerator

Post  WoDerator Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Someone forgot to allow anyone with the link to edit.

Important note, our new base google doc sheet (the "base one," not the genre specific Jordon has been working on and sharing in OOC: Game Related), has an XP log at the bottom which calculates your totals at the top of the sheet. Note the formula.

Make sure you make a copy though, don't edit the base file.

http://tinyurl.com/64jtjwf

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:02 am